Centers of Excellence
The NMSDC Centers of Excellence Certificate Program (COECP) is an interactive virtual learning program that is unique in the use of experiential learning initiative that was designed to provide participants with infor-mation and the practical application of said in-formation to expand the capacity of their busi-ness. A 12-month program, the program will be made available via a blended learning format in which Rutgers professors and Corporate member subject matter experts will lead live classroom instruction via virtual links to remote participants and/or at designated “learning hubs”.
- Enhances corporation’s minority supplier development process by using NMSDC Best Practices
- Provides opportunity for corporations to benchmark successful minority supplier development strategies among corporate peers
- Provides increased business opportunities for both corporate members and MBEs through learning from each other’s competitive strengths
- Has a greater impact on improving the economic environment of the community by reinforcing the concept of buying among and between corporations and MBE companies
- Aligns more closely the sales methods of MBEs with the procurement processes of corporate module members
- Improves competitive market position by helping corporations satisfy the expectations of an increasingly diverse customer base
- Develops a portfolio of capacity building models/templates for use
Click to download a copy of the Center of Excellence Brochure
Please download the correct requirement letter for the position.
MBE Mentee Letter is restricted to Class 2 MBEs.*
MBE Mentor Letter is Restricted to Class 3 and 4 MBEs.*
Corporate Members is restricted to companies above class 4.*
*Classes are determinded by the amount of revenue a company generates. If you are unsure please contact the council.
If you are interested in being apart of this program please fill out this form and somone will be in touch with you to discuss further steps.
RUNNING A SMALL COMPANY IS A FULL-TIME COMMITMENT, BUT PREPARING TO GROW IS ESSENTIAL. LEARN THE BASIC INFORMATION AND SKILLS YOU NEED TO TRANSFORM YOUR SMALL BUSINESS INTO A BIGGER BUSINESS WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR DESK. INTERACTIVE, ONLINE WEBINARS ARE TAUGHT BY WORLD-CLASS UNIVERSITY FACULTY AND SPECIFICALLY DEVELOPED FOR ENTREPRENEURS AND SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS.
The MPMSDC is hosting the 1st MBE University. This program is being provided at no cost to you but does require attendance for all classes. The completion of this class will not only provide new knowledge in the business world, but you will also receive a certificate of completion from the University of Nebraska and from the Mountain Plains MSDC!
Some things you will learn:
- Planning for Growth
Dr. Erin Miles will lead participants through the strategic planning process with a focus on growth of the company. In particular, she identifies how to understand your competitive environment, industry trends, and core competencies and use this information to plan for growth and business sustainability.
- Professional Selling
Dr. Shannon Cummins covers the essential behaviors of highly successful salespeople. In this webinar, you will learn how a better understanding of yourself and your customer allows you to sell products and services that customers want.
- Managing Your Money with Metrics
Dr. Dale Eesley reviews key ratios for managing your business. He then demonstrates the power of knowing your numbers by showing five ways to improve profit and three ways to increase cash based on what can be learned from your financial data.
- Human Resources—Keys to Building a Successful Business
Dr. Dale Eesley discusses the critical importance of hiring, incentivizing and retaining the right people. He shares insight on where to look for good people, hire them, and how to cultivate talent. He shows how having a strong set of values and a positive culture can lead to a high-performing workplace.
- Building your Leadership and Entrepreneurial Skills
Dr. Gina Ligon reviews the essential elements of leadership that inspire and motivate individuals to perform at a high level. She focuses on who effective leaders empower employees to take ownership of their roles and encouraging them to be a source of innovation for the company.
- Customer Relationship Management
Dr. Phani Tej Adidam discusses the importance of building relationships with customers via proper positioning, branding, and customer service. He shares insights on how to differentiate your product from your competitors. He will also offer ideas on how to develop and offer brand promise. Finally, he will discuss how having a customer-oriented mindset will lead to satisfaction and loyalty, and eventual profitability.
If interested in this amazing opportunity, please complete the survey below to assist us in scheduling the classes for you.