Dear Council Members, Certified MBEs and Community Partners,
We hope your new year is off to a wonderful start and that you are excited about the opportunities that 2014 will present! As a Council, we are embracing this year as an opportunity for us to embark upon a new beginning. Many of you are aware of the strategic growth and restructure plan spearheaded by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC). The plan focused on three (3) fundamental components:
1. Reduce the total number of local affiliated councils from 36 to 24, with the intent to create stronger regionally structured councils.
2. Enhance consistency of service offerings between councils.
3. Standardize council staffing model to significantly improve customer service for both corporate members and minority business enterprises.
As a result of the NMSDC restructure, the MidAmerica Minority Supplier Development Council has dissolved and consolidated with the Rocky Mountain Minority Supplier Development Council. The new consolidated Council will be named the Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council and will cover a four state territory consisting of Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
Stan Sena will serve as the President & CEO of the Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council, and the base operations will be headquartered in Denver, CO. There will be regional offices located in Kansas City, Missouri and Wichita, Kansas, with long-term plans to expand our presence into the Omaha, Nebraska area. A new regional Board of Directors has been formed, comprised of representatives from both councils, and the following officers will govern the new Council:
- Murugan Palani (Xcel Energy) – Chair
- Gene Agee (Sprint) – Vice Chair
- Maria Jenks (KCP&L) – Secretary
- Robert Gonzalez (UPS) – Treasurer
It is also important to note that effective January 1, 2014, Reciprocal Certification is no longer available per the 2012 – 2016 National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) Strategic Plan. Beginning in 2014, the NMSDC network of councils will establish a suite of “Subscription Services”. Further details regarding the Subscription services for this Council can be found under the Get MBE Certified FAQs section.