The Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council, Minority Business Enterprise Input Committee (MBEIC) represents the membership of the Minority Suppliers who are certified by the Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council (MPMSDC). The MPMSDC proudly serves the Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska and Western Missouri markets. The function of this Committee is to provide input and bring light to the Mountain Plains MSDC about the challenges faced by Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs). The Committee serves as the representative of our Certified Minority Suppliers.
Since the sweeping changes made to the organization in 2014 by the National Minority Supplier Development Council, it is critical that we have a diverse representation of the MBEIC: therefore, we are always looking for certified MBEs to consider serving on the Committee. If the MBEIC is of interest to you we would encourage you to participate in the selection process. We will have a number of available open slots for new MBEIC membership for 2018. The following addresses each market and their certified MBEs.
Only businesses certified by the Mountain Plains MSDC are eligible to serve on the MBEIC.
MBEs must also be:
- MBEs must be currently certified with the Mountain Plains MSDC and located within the four state region;
- Certified by the Mountain Plains MSDC for a minimum of one (1) year;
- The owner or senior officer of the company; and
- Have participated in Mountain Plains MSDC events.
As a member of the MBEIC, you will be expected to:
- Attend monthly meetings (In-person or via Conference Call)
- Support and be active in the Mountain Plains MSDC activities;
- Serve on MBEIC Committees and/or the Mountain Plains MSDC committees;
- Work in support of increased networking and business relationships for the larger MBE body; and
- Commit to a three (3) year term.
Other tasks the MBEIC committee members take on throughout their term are:
- Acting as an advocate for issues related to minority business development
- Providing a platform for suppliers to network and partner for future business opportunities
- Supporting the mission of the Mountain Plains MSDC
- Recommending and developing programs for the Mountain Plains MSDCs MBEs and our diverse partners
- Serving as a liaison between the MBEs and the Mountain Plains MSDCs Board of Directors
Following are the number of open MBEIC positions:
- Colorado – 3
- KCMO – 3
- Nebraska – 2
Click the following link to download the nomination form: Election-Form-MBEIC2018
The MBEIC is asking that Certified Minority Suppliers of the Mountain Plains MSDC interested in serving as an MBEIC representative; complete the form and return same to the Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 623-3037. Nominations are due no later than close of business on Tuesday, January 30, 2018.